What does numbness, tingling and pain in the thigh, heel and knee indicate?

General Surgeon
Question
I haven't slept for four or five nights now because of shooting pain. It radiates through out my back, chest ect. and hurts with every breath. No such pain during the day.

Sometimes I have numbness in my left thigh and a tingling below my left knee when extended walking.Also weakness in my left leg.

Oddly enough I also have developed a pain in my right heel when I raise my right foot. It doesn't hurt when stepping down on it. Just when I raise it. Right rear portion of my right heel.

Prior to this I have noticed a pain in a right rear rib. I haven't had any accidents or falls lately either.
Tue, 8 May 2018 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Spine disc compression is the reason

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

Thank you for the query.

Your symptoms are very characteristic for a nerve compression in the spine. And for sure you have it on few levels. Back pain and breathing pain comes from thoracic spine. Once the rib nerve is compressed you get rib nerve pain more active while breathing.
Lumbal spine compression causes lower limbs pain and numbness radiating through the groin, knee down to the feet.
I suggest you to consult orthopedist. Spine MRI is the right test. Depending how advanced is the compression you nay need a surgery or physical therapy.

Hope this helps.
Regards.