What does my ultrasound scan report indicate?
Thank you for posting the question.
From the history that you have mentioned,it does seem that you have cellulitis of the foot and lower leg.
Redness and raised local temperature indicate underlying soft tissue infection.
I suggest you to get your blood sugar levels (Fasting and Post prandial) checked immediately.
If these are raised,you need to consult your physician and bring the levels back to normal as early as possible.
Keep the leg elevated,avoid weight bearing.
Do not apply anything warm/hot. Ice packs will help.
I am afraid ,amoxycillin won't work.
Best treatment would be to start on higher broad spectrum antibiotics like cefuroxime,linezolid or other equivalents (preferably intravenous).
Fibrinolytic anti inflammatory tablets like trypsin,serratiopeptidase, paracetamol,tramadol will help.
If symptoms do not improve within 48 hours,you need to see a surgeon for further treatment.
I hope the answer was useful.
Feel free to consult me anytime for any doubts that you may have.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Got my ultrasound report what does it indicate
- Explain the ultrasound scan report
- What does the kidney ultrasound report indicate
- What does the ultrasound scan of my thyroid indicate
- Gynecology ultrasound done what does the report indicate
- What is cga in ultrasound scan ?
- Ultrasound scan done what does the reports suggests
- Pelvic ultrasound scan done what does the report indicate
- Ultrasound scan what does the report indicate
- Had ultrasound scan what are the findings from the report