Suffering with Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. Can it be cured through alternative medicines?

Hi, My father (63 years old) has been diagnosed of Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF). He is currently in supplemental Oxygen and has been taking Pirfenidone (600mg) and Prednisolone (30mg) along with the other necessary tablets to combact the sideeffects of the steriods/immunosuppressants. Doctors have mentioned that there is no real cure for this. I am wondering if there are 1. Any promising clinical trials that is going on around IPF. 2. Any alternative medicines (Ayurveda, Homeo, etc) available for this. My father is in India (Bangalore). 3. One of the medicines I came across is the serrapeptase (enzyme supplement to dissolve the scar tissues). Would that be of any help for IPF and is it safe to take that along with the perfinidone/prednisolone. 4. Any additional data points on IPF that you can point to me. Any information or help on this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Mon, 7 Oct 2013