What does my ultrasound scan report indicate?
Right 5.9 x 1.8 x 2.2
1.9 x 0.8 x 0.7 solid hypervascular nodule
0.9 x 0.5 x 0.7 solid hypervascular nodule
0.3 x 0.2 x 0.3 hypoechoic nodule
0.9 x 0.3 x 0.4 heterogeneous nodule with echogenic foci
0.4 x 0.3 x 0.6 maily hypoechoic nodule
1.0 x 0.4 x 0.6 solid nodule
Left 5.7x 1.8 x 2.2
1.8 x 1.2 x 1.7 mainly solid nodule with small cystic area
0.4 x 0.2 x 0.4 hypoechoic nodule
0.4 x 0.2 x 0.3 hypoechoic nodule with punctate echogenic focus
0.8 x 0.6 x 0.7 mainly sold nodule with small echogenic foci
Please post complete reports and tell me about the symptoms.
Thanks for your query:
To recapitulate: Female/44 - ultrasound of the thyroid noted in detail - showing multiple nodule - wants to know whether to be concerned - which one to be concerned about - Having a FNA in a weeks time.
This is multinodular goiter (MNG).
The concern will depend upon many other factors that you have not mentioned.
The points of concerns are:
- Thyroid function tests.
- The report concerning the rest of the neck, status of the blood vessels, lymph nodes.
- Duration of thyroid swelling.
- Further tests like thyroid scan.
-All the nodules are of concern, hence the FNA will be done from different nodules.
Please post the reports in full for me to understand better and assist you further.
Also mentions the symptoms/complaints that you have.
we can not specify a particular one to focus on.
Thanks for your feedback.
TSH is normal. Read and understood the history/feedback you have provided.
Let us wait for the the FNA reports.
There is no specific nodule that you/we can worry/focus about in such a case.
The ones with
0.9 x 0.3 x 0.4 heterogeneous nodule with echogenic foci on right
1.8 x 1.2 x 1.7 mainly solid nodule with small cystic area on left - large enough.
0.4 x 0.2 x 0.3 hypoechoic nodule with punctate echogenic focus is very small.
It is better that the FNA be done under ultrasound guidance if the facility is available at your center you visit, you can request for.
I hope this answer helps you, please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you need to or if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Got my ultrasound report what does it indicate
- Explain the ultrasound scan report
- What does the kidney ultrasound report indicate
- What does the ultrasound scan of my thyroid indicate
- Gynecology ultrasound done what does the report indicate
- What is cga in ultrasound scan ?
- Ultrasound scan done what does the reports suggests
- Pelvic ultrasound scan done what does the report indicate
- Ultrasound scan what does the report indicate
- Had ultrasound scan what are the findings from the report