What does my lab test report indicate?

Dr. V. N. S. Parinam

Posted on Tue, 28 Mar 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Dear Doctor,
recently on a test report my result are as below.
Bilirubin direct-0.58
Bilirubin total-1.83
Bilirubin indirect-1.24
GGT-220.5
SGOT-57.2
SGPT -125
Uric acid in Blood-9.2
stopped alcohal drinking one month back.
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ultrasound of the abdomen including liver, gall bladder, kidneys

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the test reports here.
Can you tell me why did you get this test first?
Did your doctor order them and why did you go to a doctor?
Do you smoke?
Do you have yellowish discoloration of eye/tongue/tip of nose/skin?
Do you have appetite? What is the color of stool.

The bilirubin and its compenents (direct and indirect) are near normal. However the SGPT and SGOT with GGT are raised. YOur history of alcohol would suggest about alcoholic liver. So you should abstain from alcohol since now.
I would suggest to get an Ultrasound of the abdomen to check for gall stones as well.
You should continue the BILE FIX tablet for high normal bile salts. Stop red meat... Reduce protein intake as well.
I suggest to get a prescription for ZYLORIC 300mg once a day for raised uric acid.

Please answer my questions...
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 17 minutes later
Dear Doctor,
last year 1st may i had tested complete blood analysis test.and this year i had gone the same test. and the results sent to you.Yes doctor told to test these.
i stopped smoking in the year 1995.
How many days i would continue of Bile fix tablet &ZYLORIC 300mg?
and i am a Vegetarian.
i will go for Ultra sound test.
Doctor,
i do not have yellowish discoloration of eye/tongue/skin.
i have moderate appetite.
Stool color is yellow.

Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
One month before testing S.Uric acid and Bilirubin again

Detailed Answer:

I suggest you to continue as per the prescription by the doctor. It generally is up to a month and redo the Serum Uric acid and Total Bilirubin , indirect and direct again.

Continue vegetarian diet. Vegetarian diet does not have protein rich food except for legumes and soya.. Try restricting them.

You can take ARISTOZYME syrup 15 ml before each meal to improve appetite.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 10 minutes later
Dear Doctor,

As i had stopped intake of Alcohal and medication, is this high GGT,SGOT&SGPT levels will come down. If so how many days?
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
3 to 6 months

Detailed Answer:

The base line levels of liver enzymes will return to normal anything from 3 to 6 months time.
You should not go back on your alcohol.
If you have any more queries please address it.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng