• question-icon

What does my endoscopy report indicate?

Posted on Mon, 7 Aug 2017 in Diet Plans
Question: chronic gastrists waa found after endoscopy.... waiting for bioaspy results now. any suggestions on vegan/glueten free foods? alot of soups I buy end up having tomatoes in it which make me feel like in going to vomit for a few hours
Answered by Dr. Rudina Balliu 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Here are some details

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thank you for using HealthcareMagic.
I have gone through your question and I can understand your concern.

If you have gluten intolerance you need to check every product that you buy if they contain gluten.
Soup has a lot of wheat flavor to be thicker so that makes them be a nongluten free food.

Don't use any prepared food ( food in a can, fast food, supermarket sold soups).
-Always look for food with gluten free symbol.
You need to start cooking to yield the maximum benefits.

Here are some foods to avoid and some to consume:
-Avoid all food that contains wheat, rye, and barley gluten.
-Avoid food containing oats and lactose
-avoid beers, lagers, ales, and stouts (if at all consume).

-Eat rice, corn, maize, soy, beans, potatoes, 100% meat, eggs, butter, ...use tea, coffee, fruit juice
.
-Eat fresh fruits and vegetables.

Hope you find the answer helpful.
Let me know if you have any further questions, I will be happy to help.
Take Care!

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Rudina Balliu 32 minutes later
why no oats? they are a staple in my current diet, mainly in the morning for fiber. soy and tomatoes upset me stomach bad, I tried to start cooking vegetable soup with vegetable broth but even that made me feel sick. I eat alot of glueten free crackers/pretzels that are mainly corn starch. I know it's not the healthiest but for some reason one of the only things I've never had a problem with, that and hummus!!

even a homeade smoothie with almond milk makes me nauseas half of the time
Answered by Dr. Rudina Balliu 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Gastritis symptoms

Detailed Answer:
Hello again !
Thank you for the follow up .
Sorry for my late reply.
Sometimes oats are not well tolerated in patient with gluten problem ( have to be sure is no wheat in it ) but if you don't have any problems using then i would encourage to use it.

I think that some of your symptoms are related to gastritis not just gluten intolerance.

In this case you need to be more selective of what you eat : Avoid spicey food , food that contain acid ( carbonated drink , lemon , any concentrated food )avoid fatty and fried food ( use boiled food ) .
Also it's good that while you wait for the biopsy result to use PPI group of drug .( esomeprazol/ omeprazol ) or any antacid .

Wish you good health .
Take Care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Rudina Balliu