Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
175 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What does my blood test report indicate?

Answered by
Dr. Anshul Varshney

Internal Medicine Specialist

Practicing since :2009

Answered : 3072 Questions

Posted on Mon, 22 Aug 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am a SCI patient (Spinal Cord Injured) since 24-February-2015 and my full body is paralyzed. I am on CIC (Clean Intermittent Catheterization) to empty the urine from bladder. I was not having sugar till now but since last 1 month I found sugar when I tested at my own.

I am attaching my blood test report. Can you please check and suggest:
>> What all is not going good in my blood test report?
>> What all medicines should I take and for how long?
>> Any suggestion for diet control?
>> Do you suggest any additional test?
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs medicines.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
Following are the major issues in your blood test reports:

1. Uncontrolled diabetes- You need to be started on the medicines for diabetes as per these reports with immediate effect. I would recommend Sitagliptin and Metformin to start with.

2. Dyslipidemia - Cholesterol is extremely high and requires immediate start of medicines like Atorvastatin and Fenofibrate

3. Liver dysfunction - Needs Ultrasound abdomen, Hepatitis B and C testing.

You would need medicines for diabetes and cholesterol life long.

Avoid sweets, rice, potato , ghee, oil in diet and if you are not able to walk, then do yoga in your comfortable position.

Please see your doctor and share my opinion with him.

This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any other query, you may please ask me.

Stay Healthy.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Drug/Medication ,  
Lab Tests
Medical Topics ,  

Recent questions on  Dyslipidemia

doctor1 MD

60years old man k/c/o hypertention,dyslipidemia.sudden onset unresponsiveness athome after dinner. pt was in asystole not breating.continous CPR 40...

doctor1 MD

I am a 40 year old female. I have some tricuspid regurgitation with a heart mumur. I also have a history of dyslipidemia. Myblood pressure is...

doctor1 MD

My left side has a dull ache. Feels like it is inside my rib cage

doctor1 MD

I am 65 years of age - my ekg came back - Sinus rhythm : Anteroseptal infarct old Mean? Should have ask my dr - XXXX

doctor1 MD

My wife had an MRI of her brain today. It indicated chronic small vessel ischemic changes. What can she do moving forward? Besides controlling her...

doctor1 MD

I have occasional perception of weakness in my limbs since the last few years (particularly in the left upper & lower limbs), with a slightly...

doctor1 MD

My mother is a newly detected hypertensive on telmisartan 20mg hs.she is also on nevibilol 2.5mg am od n on atovastatin 10mg for...