What does my biopsy report indicate?

Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 3 Nov 2017 in Lump
Question: I am in a diffulty situation and need medical or professional advise, i dont know if this is depression or im suffering from something.
I had a biopsy in my left breast, report is attached, in april then i had a ultraound this past XXXXXXX 21st because i had pain tonthe biopsy site which showed a small hematoma and then report from ultrasound states hematoma resolved recommend annual screen, which means im due next april. I always have pain to left breast that goes and comes and i do self exam and dont feel anything right now. I am suffering from depression or something because i cant stop thinking what if i have something or maybe i developed breast cancer now after biopsy, or was biopsy wrong. What do you reccomend i do?
I lost my daughter last november and i cant seem to be able to cope with situations now.
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
see next

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.

i understand your concerns, and your loss is extreme tragedy.
but there is really no reason to be anxious about possible breast cancer since ultrasound and biopsy are very accurate today so that some false negative findings is not practically possible. As I see , you have benign cysts which are known from earlier and one low risk lesion which was biopsied and there are no malignant cells. It is very unlikely that cancer can arise in these cysts. Cysts are very common in woman of your age and all you need is recommended follow up ultrasounds.

So there is no objective reason for your anxiety regarding your breast issue. I understand that your experience with daughter and the fact how serious breast cancer can be, may cause anxiety and fear, but try to focus on other things and trust your doctors. Breast tumors would show some other features and dynamic in growth between two follow up tests.

If you dont trust US, you can do MRI scan and it will reveal more precisely the size of cysts.

WIsh you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 24 hours later
I trust ultraound, do you reccommend by reccommended follow up or should i get a sooner ultraound for breast? What do you reccommend for my anxiety?
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
hi again

Detailed Answer:
Well, I think that it should be done once in 6 months.
Anxiety treatment may be complex and each person reacts differently on medications and the right choice and dose should be discussed with your psyciatrist.
However, for combination of anxiety and depression there are some new medicines such as Vortioxetine or imipramine which are effective. Standard medications such as Prozac Lexapro or Cymbalta may be combined with these new ones to find appropriate effect. WIsh you good health. Regards