What does my MRI scan test report indicate?

Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist

Posted on Wed, 21 Oct 2015 in Cancer
Question: My doctor has me scheduled for an MRI this Friday at the Southern Hills Medical Center in XXXXXXX TN. My prolactin leavel is 23. However, I had several lutron injections as part of a recent battle with prostate cancer. My PSA is now below 1. Why the MRI? Is this condition treatable? Am I going to die? Thanks! xxxxxx
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Though not curable, your survival will be prolonged.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. from your details i have reached a conclusion that you are suffering from advanced stage disease. But, do not worry as prostate cancer is a slow growing one. Moreover your labs shows you doing fine. . However MRI might have been advised if your doctor has been suspecting some local aggressiveness of the disease and to look for it. Although not completely treatable, survival in cancer of prostate is very prolong, in years, well upto 8 to 10 years or even more. So do not get worried and live a healthy, cheerful life.
Goodluck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D