• question-icon

What does my CT scan report indicate?

Posted on Sat, 12 Aug 2017 in General Health
Question: 4 months ago i got a spinal tap done. I had a spinal headache bc of csf leak. I had to 2 blood patches done within a week of tap. After the second patch it finally got rid of headache. But i had pressure in head n ears. The doctors said it had nothing to do with the procedure n it must be sinuses or something else. They put me on antibotics n tge head pressure finally went away. Tge ears never went away. Its complete fullness pressure in both ears with a werid feeling like someone is scratching there nails on a chalk board. It doesnt seem to be getting better but worse n more often. I went to ent n another neuro. Theres nothing they can find wrong with my ears or neurologically im fine. Its only this pressure. They both said thd pressure coukd be a complication from the tap. But orginal neuro said no. I dont know where to go from here who to see or what. Could i have incorrect csf pressure thats causing this. N could this be a serious condition. Im very nervous if this is having an effect on my brain. I had a ct scan the other day to of brain everything was normal. Any ideas?
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
More info is necessary. Discuss about getting a MRI done.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read it and understand your concerns.

Ear fullness especially after months of spinal tap, is a very rare possible complication, however, it could be.

CT scan of the head is not the best imaging tool to diagnose any small brain lesions or changes that may be responsible for the symptoms, MRI is the chosen one in such cases.

It is necessary also to provide more information about the reason why spinal tap was done, its results, in order for me to understand better your condition.

Awaiting......

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
The reason for the tap was to check for ms. Bc i had a brain mri n white lesions on the brain were found. The tap came back perfectly normal. I would have to get my neurologist to perform an mri again n he thinks this is impossible. I have had the ear pressure since the blood patch. The 2 nd one. Is this something serious ??? If i do have it. Can something happen to my brain or can this get worse. I understand its rare. But ive been told before even having to have a 2 nd blood patch is rare. Or is this just an annoying complication that i could live with. An mri of brain was taken right before 2 nd bloodbpatch was done n everything was normal.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Seems not a serious condition.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back and thanks for the additional information.

Since most of your symptoms related to spinal tap regressed and only ears fullness is present, I don't think yours is a serious condition.

Probably ears fullness will improve with time too.

If you will have another MRI, discuss with your Doctor about a lumbar MRI too to evaluate any abnormalities in the punction site.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical