Owl Image

What does " moderate anechoic collection within the posterior cul de sac" mean?

Owl Image
Dr. Som Biswas

OBGYN

Question
my ultra sound result states that i have a moderate anechoic collection within the posterior cul de sac
Tue, 2 Sep 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query. I can understand your concerns.

What are your symptoms and when was your last periods.

Do you have white discharge per vagina?

Do let me know as i will be able to answer you better then.

Feel free to consult me directly
http://bit.ly/drsombiswas

Dr. Som Biswas M.D. XXXXXXX

Follow-up: What does " moderate anechoic collection within the posterior cul de sac" mean? 13 minutes later
Lower abdominal pain, pain on my lower left side abdominal.

Yes i have white vaginal discharge.

My last period was 22nd May 2014.

No pain while urinating

Mild/Moderate waist pain.

Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dear

Detailed Answer:
Dear,

1) You have Pelvic infection.

Get a culture of the discharge and start antibiotics accordingly.

Dr. Som Biswas M.D. XXXXXXX

Follow-up: What does " moderate anechoic collection within the posterior cul de sac" mean? 2 minutes later
what antibiotics should i take?

Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dear XXXX

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX

Generally we give doxycycline and metronidazole for bacterial infection but i will advise you to get a culture and sensitivity of the discharge as if its fungal then we need to give fluconazole and candidazole.

Dr. Som Biswas M.D.

Follow-up: What does " moderate anechoic collection within the posterior cul de sac" mean? 5 minutes later
Does PID cause vulvovaginitis?

Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
yes

Detailed Answer:
Yes it does.