What does low blood sugar level after eating indicate?
3.7 is slighlty low blood sugar but it will require more tests to rule out.
Welcome to HCM.
I have read your query and understand the concern.
3.7 mmol/L blood sugar is slightly low as compared to normal but we will NOT be able to say from just one blood sugar reading whether is is a sign of diabetes or not.
As you have symptoms of thirst and overheat I would like to go for further evaluation by fasting (FBS) and postprandial blood sugar (PPBS-2hours after meal),urine tests for sugar with glucose tolerance test (GGT) if blood and urine sugar tests remains inconclusive.
Also let me know,which blood tests you have done so far apart from blood sugar and if possible then please share with me.
So,at present it is difficult to tell the underlying cause of your fainting or to rule out diabetes from just once blood sugar reading.
Hope this helps and get back to me with more reports.
Yes,there are specific blood tests available for heart evaluation.
I have read your query.
24 hour holter monitoring can be helpful to assess heart condition further if you have family history heart disease or POTS.
And yes there are specific blood tests available for heart evaluation like homocysteine level,C-reactive protein,blood lipids and cardiac enzymes.
Also let me know about the specific blood test, advised by your doctor if you aware of it.
2D-echocardiography of heart will also be helpful apart from blood tests,ECG and holter monitoring. You may discuss this with your cardiologist.
And please feel free to ask me if you want more clarifications.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Low blood sugar levels88
- Low blood sugar level 57
- Fatal low blood sugar level
- Extremely low blood sugar levels
- Low blood sugar levels 33 weeks pregnant
- Low blood sugar levels high potassium levels
- Low blood sugar after cholecystectomy
- Lymphoma low blood sugar levels
- Low blood sugar levels and palettes
- Metacam and low blood sugar levels
- Suggest treatment for IBS while on Thyroxine
- What do white bumps on lips indicate?
- What causes a flush like feeling behind the eyes?
- Suggest treatment for sneezing along with congestion and cold head
- Is applying Onabet and Futop in vaginal area safe?
- Suggest treatment for dizziness and exhaustion
- What causes small lump on lower back?
- Is pain at the back of head relates to the heart?
- What causes itching sensation on anal area post defecation?
- Is it safe to take Plavix when on BP and diabetes medication?