What does low antibody thyroglobulin indicate?
Normal thyroid status
Noted your blood reports. The thyroid blood panel is completely normal . Both thyroid antibodies are low as well. You do not need any other test as far thyroid is concerned. In short, you have normal thyroid status.
The other question I have is concerning intermittent facial and neck flushing that is blotchy. Bending over and then standing up, my face and neck become extremely red. This is why I had thought and my Dr's had thought it was a thyroid issue.
So I suppose it's possible that is could be histamine intolerance? I also feel intolerant to heat.
Could this be due to the overgrowth of bacteria and yeast overgrowth I currently have or a sign of something else?
My naturopath physician and PCP don't seem to have any logical explanation as to why this is happening.
Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.
Echo/Xray and Testing for carcinoid syndrome
Sorry for the delay in reply.
The Thyroglobulin antibody is not detected in your case. The lab can only detect anti thyroglobulin levels above 0.1. In your case, the levels are lower than that, and hence the interpretation is , it is not detected.
Noted your symptoms of facial flushing on positional change. This is usually due to a pressure on your neck blood vessels. You may need an ECHO of heart and Xray of upper chest.
It is ot due to bacterial or yeast overgrowth. I would also like to rule out a rare hormone condition with serotonin over secretion ( Carcinoid syndrome) . You may need 24 hour urine 5-HIAA test after 3 days of dietery restriction. You may need to discuss with your primary care doctor about this possibiity.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of elevated thyroglobulin antibodies
- Normal thyroglobulin antibody levels
- What is thyroglobulin antibody
- Thyroglobulin antibody reference range
- Thyroglobulin antibodies normal range
- Thyroglobulin antibody test results
- High level thyroglobulin antibodies
- Low thyroglobulin antibodies
- Anti thyroglobulin antibody 20
- Thyroglobulin antibodies high tsh low
- What causes gnawing burning sensation in abdomen, nausea and...
- What changes should i expect after Testosterone replacement therapy?
- Suggest remedy for gum inflammation and sores in mouth when on...
- Suggest medication to start growing breasts for a sex change
- What causes nausea after being in hot tub?
- What does the following blood test reports indicate?
- Suggest treatment for muscle spasms, confusion and falling asleep at the...
- Suggest treatment for low BP and high blood sugar
- Suggest treatment for low cortisol and low testosterone levels
- Suggest treatment for dizziness and weight gain after discontinuing...