Suggest medication to relieve pain and stinging sensation in the eyes

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Thu, 17 May 2018 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: I put Vision in my eyes yesterday and they started stinging and running and my vision has been blurred and foggy ever since. What do I do?

I have XXXX as my primary and I am in New York where there is no XXXX. Was hoping there are some drops I can buy to help the pain. Stinging. And stop the tears. Eyes very runny.
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
What is vision? Please clarify,

Detailed Answer:

Most likely you are having allergic conjunctivitis. Sometimes the bacterial infection is also there.

Treatment suggested--

1) Eye drop Ofloxacin two drops three times a day its an antibiotic eye drop (may need a prescription from the local physician) and would take care of any bacterial involvement.
2) Ketorolac 0.5% eye solution and use it 2 drops 8 hourly.This is a potent anti-inflammatory and would relieve pain and stinging sensation.
3) Along with it take an antihistaminic tablet FEXOFENADINE (eg. Allegra) 180mg. This prevents the release of histamine from mast cells which mediates inflammation and itching.

All three would be easily available at any pharmacy in New-York.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Take care!

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee