Suggest medication to relieve pain and stinging sensation in the eyes
I have XXXX as my primary and I am in New York where there is no XXXX. Was hoping there are some drops I can buy to help the pain. Stinging. And stop the tears. Eyes very runny.
What is vision? Please clarify,
Most likely you are having allergic conjunctivitis. Sometimes the bacterial infection is also there.
1) Eye drop Ofloxacin two drops three times a day its an antibiotic eye drop (may need a prescription from the local physician) and would take care of any bacterial involvement.
2) Ketorolac 0.5% eye solution and use it 2 drops 8 hourly.This is a potent anti-inflammatory and would relieve pain and stinging sensation.
3) Along with it take an antihistaminic tablet FEXOFENADINE (eg. Allegra) 180mg. This prevents the release of histamine from mast cells which mediates inflammation and itching.
All three would be easily available at any pharmacy in New-York.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest medication for back pain
- Suggest medication for nerve pain
- Suggest pain medication when on bp medications
- Medical eye pricking sensation
- Suggest medication for muscle pain
- Suggest medication for pain and burning sensation during urination
- Suggest safe medications to relieve sciatica pain
- Suggest medication for liver pain
- Drugs/medication for eye pain
- Stinging pains intesticles medication