What does "left paracenteral disc bulge extend to the left neural foramina" mean?

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in Brain and Spine
Question: I have bulging disc on L4-L5 and MRI report says :left paracenteral disc bulge extend to the left neural foramina and causes mild narrowing
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 24 minutes later
Hi and welcome to HCM. Thanks for the query.If you have symptoms related to spinal cord compreessin such as pain, parasthesias or legs weakness, then you should have surgery for disc bulge. otherwise you need good physical therapy Wish you good health. Regards
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 40 hours later
Brief Answer:
MRI picture is not uploaded.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for getting back.

Your MRI picture and report have not been uploaded here.

Please upload them again.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX
For DIRECT QUERY to me: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My blog: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.com/

Follow up: Dr. Sudhir Kumar 4 hours later
Sorry
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Seen the report.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for sending the report and picture of MRI lumbar spine.

There is no increase as compared to the previous MRI.

As of now, you can try conservative treatment with medications and physiotherapy.

For relief of nerve pain in the leg, you may take pregabalin or gabapentin capsules.

Physiotherapy techniques such as IFT, ultrasound and back extension exercises would also be useful.

There is no need of surgery at present.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Follow up: Dr. Sudhir Kumar 24 hours later
Thx dr but do you think in the MRI the bulge in compressing the CES cause im so worry about it
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for getting back.

The bulging disc is not compressing CES, and hence, there is no need to worry about it.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)