What does it mean if you have scarring on your liver?
Please go through detailed explaination.
Thanks for query.
As there is no portal hypertension or cirrhosis of liver as well as you have not mentioned that any specific cause of jaundice was diagnosed like Hepatitis B or C infection.Mild scarring would resolve itself in few weeks.It could be a possible hepatitis A attack as blood tests and other scans are normal.
Were serum proteins tests done?
Liver synthesize proteins which holds water.When there is some problem with synthesis of these proteins water diffuses into various spaces causing swelling.
Please get a serum protein test done if its normal keep patient on a high carbohydrate diet.
If edema is pitting in nature mild diuretics can also be given.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What does harding of the liver mean
- What do liver spasms mean
- What does an enlarged liver mean
- Growth on liver what does it mean
- What does deranged liver mean
- Lump on the liver what it means
- What does liver atrophy mean
- Fatty liver mild means what
- What to stable liver mean
- What does liver is borderline mean