question-icon

What does delayed periods after protected intercourse indicate?

Posted on Mon, 18 May 2015
Question: I m 27 year old married i had sex with my hubby with precaution on 26 th march my cycle time is 20 of march month. normally i get monthly cycle two thre days before cycle date. This time i had pregnancy test tht is negative. And it is already 9 days up. Please sugest me how to get imidiate periods. waiting for ur valuable suggestions. Thank you
Answered by Dr. S Patra (30 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Repeat home pregnancy test. Norethisterone pill is useful.

Detailed Answer:

You involved in relatively safe sex. However, I suggest you to REPEAT the home pregnancy test.

On NEGATIVE test, I suggest you to take Norethisterone pill for 5 days to induce period. Kindly, procure complete prescription from your doctor.

You will get withdrawal bleeding like period within 3-5 days after stopping them.

Hope, it helps for your information. Practice safe sex in future and contraception. If you don't have any other query, you can close the discussion.

Dr S Patra

For future query, you can directly approach me through

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=63326
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Pradeep Vitta
Follow up: Dr. S Patra (36 minutes later)
I hve done home pregnency test twice. Once yesterday evening at 8 o clock nd the another home test i did with the first urinal today. Both r negetive.
I dont have prescripton of doctor.
Answered by Dr. S Patra (4 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Details are given below.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for follow up query.

If both tests are NEGATIVE, then I can suggest to take Norethisterone pill for 5 days to induce period.

You will get a withdrawal bleeding like period within 3-5 days after stopping them.

Hope, I have answered your query. Kindly, close the discussion.

All the best and good luck.

Dr S Patra
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. S Patra

OB & GYN Specialist