What does burning sensation during urination indicate?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Fri, 31 Mar 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I have been having issues with urinating. I have been urinating extremy frequently, and at times can burn quite a bit. I have no std's,but tonight I figured i'd give myself an exam on my penis to see if I felt any lumps or anything. When I urinate it feels like something is stuck in there. tonight after my exam and gently squeezing my penis where it burns during urinating, two black fruit fly looking bugs came out. Felt better urinating after that but now it feels like something is in there again. Is this dangerous to have higs in urine?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possibility of stone has to be ruled out

Detailed Answer:

hello
Thanks for query .

Burning urination with frequency and passing fruit fly looking bucks coming out from urethra followed by relief from pain afterwards suggests that you have small stones impacted in urethra which has passed out.

Consult qualified urologist for clinical assessment and get following basic tests done to rule out presence of urinary stone disease
1) Urine routine and culture
2) Ultrasound Scanning of abdomen and pelvis .

Take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefixime along with urinary antiseptic like
Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.

Further treatment if required will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.