• question-icon

What does brown vaginal discharge after endometrial biopsy indicate?

Posted on Wed, 9 Aug 2017 in Women's Health
Question: Hello I'm 47 and had an endometrial biopsy 4 days ago. I'm still having a little brown discharge and now when I went to urinate it looked like a piece of tissue came out and I had a dark brown clump come out too. Is that something to worry about. My doc is not around today to ask. And if it's normal how Long does it last. I'm going on vacation Friday. Also how long to have sex
Thank u so much
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
The brownish discharge s normal.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
After an endometrial biopsy it is normal to have a mild brownish discharge for 5-7 days. This is suggestive of an old bleeding. The small tissue that came out must be the endometrial lining. This will gradually subside on its own and is not worrisome. You can also have sex after a week when the brownish discharge stops.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN