What does a grunting noise while passing motion in a baby suggest?
Can you tell me if there is anything to be worried or some other indicators which we should look for.
could be nasal block but get him checked
Thanks for writing to us.
Usually newborn babies at this age get troubled by nasal block.
As they can breathe only through nose, they will have difficulty breathing if nose gets blocked with secretions or milk which is frequent at 2 weeks.
I usually prescribe nasal saline drops one drop both sides half hour before feeding which might help in relieving the obstruction.
Having said that it is better to get your baby examined as early as possible because sometimes serious illness like respiratory problems or metabolic problems can initially present with grunting.
If your doctor has examined and ruled out serious issues then most likely nasal block could be the cause.
Wishing your baby good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hold breath while dreaming and also grunt suggestions
- Discharge of sperm while passing motion what is the reason
- Giddiness while passing motion reason
- Symptom of baby pass motion
- Baby pass green motion
- Why is there blood while passing motion
- Baby grunting noises
- Why does baby exert pressure while passing motion
- Baby vomiting and grunting
- Involuntary grunting noises