What does a blood filled mile on the stomach suggest?

Posted on Thu, 18 Jun 2015 in Lump
Question: I have a mole type thing on my stomach that periodically fills with blood and becomes painful then once I drain the blood it goes away for a few months then comes back. What is this?
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It looks like a Haemangioma.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
As per your description, it looks like Haemangioma.
I prefer to excise the swelling surgically and send it for histopathological examination ( Biopsy ). Exact diagnosis will be confirmed .
Another mode of treatment for Haemangioma is Sclerotherapy. An Injection is given into the swelling which shrinks it.
Please consult a Surgeon , get examined clinically .
Hope I answered your query. If you have any questions, I will clarify further.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon