What do whiteness on tongue and soreness on roof of mouth suggest?
Pictures of tongue needed.
Hi, I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
It is difficult to narrow the exact cause/ diagnosis of white tongue and mucosal mouth soreness, because there are many underlying conditions that may feature such symptoms.
Here are some probable causes:
1.papillae hypertrophy or inflamation from dry mouth, dehydration, mouth breathing, mechanical irritation from sharp teeth, smoking.
2. conditions that may be associated with white tongue include prolonged use of antibiotics can predispose yeast infection, leukoplakia, geographic tongue, and serious systemic infective diseases associated with immune system compromise, usually associated with fever and other organs symptoms.
Headache can be related to fever if any, or may be a independent symptom.
It is necessary to have a picture of your tongue, or have a check up by your primary care Doctor of tongue, mouth and related local lymph nodes, in order to have a correct diagnosis of your concerns.
Hope this answers your question. If you have additional questions or follow up questions then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your questions.
Most probably candidal infection.
Hi again and thanks for uploading the photo.
Seems to me like candidal glossitis, a fungal infection, is the most probably diagnosis. This is confirmed if you scratch the tongue the covering layer will be scrapped.
It responds to anti fungal treatment (Nystatin eg.).
If no scraping, then tongue papillae inflamation by smoking, alcohol, dehydration is the cause.This condition doesn't need treatment, avoiding predisposing factors and good oral hygiene should improve symptoms.
Oral candidiasis can be related to insuficiency of immune system in some cases, so this possibility should be discussed with your primary care Doctor.
Hope I helped you.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Chronic sore mouth and tongue
- Sore mouth grey tongue
- Sores in mouth white patches on tongue std
- What could be causing of sore tongue or mouth
- Sore inflammed roof of mouth and sore tongue
- Sensitive tongue and roof of mouth
- Mouth tongue red sore
- Sore tongue and roof of mouth
- Sore mouth and tongue causes
- Foaming at the mouth and white tongue