Suggest treatment for frequent thrush in the mouth

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 16 Jun 2017 in Lump
Question: I have faced frequent thrush in my mouth due to digestion related problem for a long time. I am pure vegeterian and take a very little quantity of food in specified time. Most of the time doctor gives me vitamin B complex capsule, but after sometimes it is again attack the same problem. Presently my age is 39 years only. Kindly give your expert advice in this regard. Thanks and Regards, K. K. GAJPAL
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs detailed history and photos

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Noted the history and understood your concerns.
Thrush is a fungal infection hence one of the reasons for white coating and other reasons can be coated furred tongue, coating due to milk and milk products, geographic tongue and so on.
For this to be confirmed, you may please send clear and focused photos as these sometimes help for on-the-spot diagnosis.
Also required is proper clinical evaluation by an ENT or Oral Surgeon to know the exact condition and to conducts the tests for any immunodeficiency like diabetes, steroid consumption and the tests as may be indicated.
Another way to confirm is lab tests of the scrapping.
Thus the most probable causative agent can be found out and treated accordingly.

Please provide additional information for me to assist you better:
Any medical disease or disorder or treatment?
Since when have you got this problem?
Any symptoms like burning, bleeding, change of taste or any others?
Any other information that you may please share.
Please post clear and focused photos.