What do these routine medical test reports indicate?

Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju

Posted on Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Cholesterol
Question: Have got routine medical tests done. Want to discuss reports
Answered by Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Elevated cholesterol and liver enzymes levels.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

I have gone through all your reports.

Besides cholesterol and liver enzymes all your reports are absolutely normal.
Your total cholesterol 288:Elevated
LDL(Bad cholesterol):Slightly Elevated
Triglycerides:229:Slightly elevated.
SGOT 39:Slightly elevated
SGPT 78:Elevated
GGT 68:Elevated.
Your blood cholesterol levels increased( Hyperlipidemia) and increased liver enzymes could be due to fatty liver which occurs due to alcohol intake or fatty food.
For my patients I would suggest life style and dietary changes as a first option to reduce cholesterol levels.
1.If you are overweight,reduce weight which plays key part in lowering lipids.
Do physical exercises at least 30-45 minutes per day.
2.If you smoke,quit smoking.If you consume alcohol restrict alcohol intake.
3.Avoid oily,fast,junk and heavy food.
4.Eat healthy vegetables and fruits.Add fiber contains food and garlic to your diet.
5.Eat fish like salmon and tuna fish which contains omega 3 fatty acids.Add nuts to your diet like almonds,walnuts,peanuts.
6.Avoid food before bed and late night food.Eat 2 hrs before bed.
7.Get enough sleep.Avoid stress.
8.Drink Plenty of water.
I would suggest you repeat the blood tests after 3 months If you will not see expected results despite of aforementioned measures then I would start Statins(Lipid lowering drugs).

Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any queries I will be happy to help you.
If you do not have any queries you can close the discussion and rate the answer if possible.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad