What do these CT scan findings indicate?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Thu, 17 Aug 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: Need the interpretation of CT results. Computer tomography of the cervical spine segment: No pathological changes are visible in the enclosed segment of the posterior cranial well. The cervical lordosis is smooth. Preserved cranio-caudal size and alignment of vertebral bodies. No obvious pathological changes in the body structure, arcs, and growths are visualized. Small marginal osteophytes at the front edges of the C4, C5 and C6 bodies. The discs in the research segment have a preserved height, smooth and sharp contours, with no evidence of protrusion and / or nutrition. Bi-lateral neurophoras at all levels are free, with no data on root compression. The unco-vertebral spaces are preserved bilaterally. The medullary channel has a normal width. No pathological changes in paravertebral soft tissue are visualized. CONCLUSION: Smooth cervical lordosis. Initial degenerative changes. , Dr. XXXXXXX XXXX Date: 20.07.2017
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Mild degenerative change of the spine.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

These CT scan findings of your spinal cord and column indicate that there are mild degenerative changes, or initial degenerative spine disease.

There is no herniated disc disease or spinal cord compression that may require surgical intention.

Such changes are treated by NSAID drugs use when symptomatic and by physical therapy.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Erion Spaho 55 minutes later
Dear Doctor,

Thanks for the swift response, are you saying it is not something serious that I should worry too much about it?

If I may ask again, what are the factors that can contribute to this change?

I would appreciate your swift response on this.

Many thanks.

Regards.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Regarding the imaging, findings are not a serious condition.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

Regarding CT scan findings, they are consistent with mild degenerative changes, there is not a serious problem.

These changes can be related to age, prolonged improper body and neck position, heavy working, etc.

However, symptoms are an important part of the overall condition besides imaging findings.

Hope I helped you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Erion Spaho 5 days later
Dear Doc, Kindly assist to interpret my EMG result as attached. Please let me know if it is normal or not before meeting my Neurologist on Friday, 28.08.2017. Many thanks. Regards.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follow up.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again.

I examined your nerve conduction study and EMG report, and, in my opinion, parameters that were used to assess lower extremity nerves function seems to be within normal ranges.

This needs to be confirmed by your Neurologist.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Erion Spaho 24 minutes later
Dear Doctor,

I thought as much as I compare the Stim 1 and Stim 2 in very page of the report and they are the same, this is my layman conclusion.

However, I would give you an update tomorrow.

Many thanks.

Regards.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
Okay.

Detailed Answer:
Feel free to discuss further about your health issues.

Regards.