What do the following test report indicate?

Dr. Remy Koshy

Posted on Thu, 16 Mar 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: health checkup done recently. Please read the reports and advise.
Answered by Dr. Remy Koshy 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly re-attach your reports

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX
Thanks for posting your query in HealthcareMagic,

I am not able to view your reports here. I would suggest you to re-attach your reports using the upload link on the right hand side or you can also mail your reports to YYYY@YYYY with attention to Dr. Remy.

Awaiting for your reply soon.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Remy Koshy 24 minutes later
Thank you, Doc. I have attached the reports. Please advise
Answered by Dr. Remy Koshy 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Explained below..

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,
Thanks for the follow up,

I have gone through your attached reports,

The one main parameter that demands immediate care and proper management is the blood sugar levels. HbA1c of 10 is very high and shows poor control with the medication currently prescribed for you. I would suggest you to consult with a diabetologist and discuss about the change in the medications. Persistent high blood sugar levels will cause harm to the bodily mechanisms.

You also have mild iron deficiency, and I would suggest it best for you to start on oral iron supplements for a period of 1-2 months. This would be enough to replenish the iron stores. Also consume plenty of iron rich foods like green leafy vegetables, dates, gooseberry.

Lipase value is also mildly elevated, may indicate any underlying pancreatitis. If you seem to have any symptoms like pain over the right side of the abdomen, nausea, vomiting, I would suggest you to consult with a surgeon and proceed for any further investigations if needed.

Rest of the parameters are normal.

I hope this helps.
Please feel free to discuss further