What do the following blood test results indicate?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Mon, 13 Mar 2017 in General Health
Question: Dr ditah
can you have a look at my blood works
i didn't fast and i took mediction
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Your kidneys are not doing too great and the prose needs further evaluation

Detailed Answer:
HI and thanks for this query.

I have reviewed your report fully.

1. Your kidneys are not functioning great. In fact, they are somewhat failing. If you haven’t talked to a nephrologist, it would be great to do so.

2. Your PSA is high and may be a marker for prostate disease. At this time, I will say further evaluation might not be too necessary if it involves aggressive measures as most increases do not pose a real threat to the lives of many. However, It is good to mention this to your treating doctor who would control them again.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Keep me updated.

Kind regards!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 23 minutes later

I didn't fast and i took mediction
Entresto 97mg-103 2 a day
Carvedilol 6.25 mg 2 a day
Furosemide 40 mg 1 day
bayer low dose 1 a day
Atorvastatin 20 mg 1 a day
Clopidogrel 75 mg 1 a day
metformin HCL ER 500mg 1 a day
vitamin D3 and Gummies B12
kidneys how bad?

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
See below!

Detailed Answer:
HI,

1. for the kidneys: On a scale of 1-5, with 5 being the worse and 1 being the perfect state you are 3. This means the kidneys can still function okay but if nothing is done, you will soon need to have assistance like through dialysis. To prevent further deterioration, it is important to receive expertise care from a nephrologist.

Also, ask you treating doctor whether ACE inhibitors such as lisinopril or losartan are good for you. This has been shown to offer kidney protection in diabetics.

I wish you well. Always available to address any concerns that you may have.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 8 minutes later
Don't forget I have a valve replacement and a stent done about for years ago
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Thanks of reminding me!

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the kind reminder. This however doesn’t change the information that we have touched on already.

Do keep me updated about your progress.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee