Can Indomethacin be taken along with Aspirin and Clopidogrel?
I would recommend as follows:
Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!
I would explain that indomethacin may increase the effects of aspirin and clopidogrel.
For this reason, I would recommend taking it not at the same time of the day, but in a distance fo 6-8 hours from aspirin or clopidogrel intake.
I would also advice taking care of your stomach while taking indomethacine, as it can trigger gastritis. An antiacid would help in such case.
Anyway, indomethacin should be used only in case of a musculo-skeletal pain (limbs or back, headaches, etc.).
If you are experiencing chest pain, especially if triggered by physical activity, I would recommend consulting with doctor and performing cardiac enzyme levels and a resting ECG, to exclude myocardial ischemia.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
Wishing good health,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Usage of Clopidogrel
- Indomethacin phlegm
- What is indomethacin taken for
- Clopidogrel and paracetamol
- Colchicine and indomethacin taken together
- Indomethacin and seizure
- Clopidogrel and marijuana
- Can indomethacin and arfrin be taken together
- Chymoral forte along with indomethacin
- Aspirin 75 mg, clopidogrel, rast 10mg,
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?