What causes unsteady gait and weakness in the legs post recovery from stroke?
I have felt rather unsteady for the past few months as if I am walking on ice and my right leg feels to slip from under my foot but it actually doesn't and I'm not drunk!
Should I battle on or seek advice from my GP please?
I recommend you seek advice from your GP!
Hi and thanks so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about this problem that you have reported. I have reviewed your information and this increases your risk of falls. Falls at your age are very dangerous and carry huge consequences. I will recommend that you seek proper evaluation and management so as to avoid any possible falls and the devastating consequences.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for unsteady gait
- What causes a hemorrhagic stroke
- Unsteady gait causes
- What causes strokes in men
- Symptoms of unsteady gait
- Drugs/medication for unsteady gait
- Diagnosis of unsteady gait
- Post stroke epilepsy causes
- Post stroke seizures causes
- What causes my leg to shake after a stroke
- What causes enlarged heart?
- What causes spotting after having sex?
- Suggest side effects of Premarin
- Suggest treatment for recurrent urinary tract infection
- Can Wimpat,Keppra and Lamictal be taken when BP is high?
- When can orgasm be experienced after a total hystorectomy?
- Is tremination of pregnancy at after 26 weeks advisable?
- What causes swelling at the injection site?
- Suggest treatment for Angioma
- What causes chronic Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura?