• question-icon

What do small white bumps on the penis indicate?

Posted on Tue, 25 Jul 2017 in General Health
Question: Hello Dr.
I have teo small white looking bumps or bliesters on base of penis seeing what you have to say about this. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 3 minutes later
Post the clear and focused pictures and give detailed history- like since when is the problem and any unprotected sex, any treatment, popping,
Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 34 minutes later
This is like the second time i have gotten this the first time i thought it was not to much to it. The first time was back around march or so. Only unprotected sex with my girl friend and we been dating for abour 2 and a half years and no treatments either.

They were kindy more on the other side and they are a little painful time to time
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
may be folliculitis.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the photos and the history.
Photos are good, but please post focused and clear photos.

The redness around the bumps, the appearance of the bumps indicate that these may be akin to boils or folliculitis.
May settle with time.
You may apply Liquid Povidone Iodine locally to sterilize the skin and watch for the progress.
Were the bumps in March at the same spots or nearby?

Brief Answer:
As discussed

Detailed Answer:
Nice to know.
If the previous ones were not on the same site, these look to be due to folliculitis as mentioned above.
Watch for any further development, increase in size, redness or pain when you may need an antibiotic cover with anti-inflammatory medications.
Waiting to see fresh and more clear photos please.

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon