What do presence of blue veins on the breasts?
not to worry
Welcome to HCM,
Do not worry. If the mammography has not detected any malignancy or calcification then it's very very unlikely that you have cancer.
The dilated veins could be due to estrogen deficiency causing thinning if the skin layer, which is common after menopause.
if you have discharge from nipple, retracted nipple or if the skin of the breast shows puckering ( looks like orange skin) only then do you need to worry.
Do continue routine mammography checks to rule out breast cancer and do not worry.
Hope this helps.
Is there anything u can do for thinning if the skin on breasts after menopause?
hormonal withdrawal causing breast sensitivity
Welcome to HCM,
Breast tenderness like the premenstrual syndrome that you felt years ago, is a side effect of hormonal withdrawal.
But there is not really much we can do about it. Had you taken hormone replacement therapy after the hysterectomy?
At 60 years it would not be wise to start HRT now. But you could consider over the counter estrogen like substances like Soy, which do help with some of these symptoms.
Hope this helps,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes unexplained bruising and blue veins in hands
- Blue veins on palm headache what is wrong
- Why having dark greenish blue veins on breast
- Blue veins visible on cheek what does it mean
- Blue veins in breasts back pain and headache pregnant
- Noticeable blue vein cause
- Blue veins on breasts not pregnant
- Blue veins in chest
- Sore breast with blue veins
- What causes prominent blue vein on the back
- What causes vaginal bleeding followed by positive UPT?
- Suggest treatment for syphilis
- Can a 47 year old woman with irregular menstruation conceive?
- Suggest remedies for delayed menstruation
- What causes whitish vaginal discharge post protected sex?
- Suggest treatment for lichen sclerosus
- What causes persistent headache and hot flashes?
- How effective is Plan B emergency contraceptive in preventing pregnancy?
- Suggest ways to heal the body and regain energy after an abortion
- Is it possible to abort 5 months of pregnancy?