question-icon

What do my lab test results indicate?

Posted on Sat, 28 May 2016
Question: Sir my son aged 19 years had a stone 3 months back.now report of USG for KUB shows Central sinus echocomplexes are mildly separated .calyceal separation measures 3 mm in right kidney,Mild right hydronephrosis.no renal stone is noted.pl.advice what should he do?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Probably the stone has come out on its own

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through the details provided. The stone is likely to have led to an obstruction and therefore backpressure which has resulted in mild hydronephrosis. However, since the stone was small, there is likelihood that the stone has spontaneously come out and that could be the reason that no stone has not been found.

As of now just wait and watch. If there is no pain, get a follow up ultrasonogram done after two or three months and if no stone is still detected, you need not worry about the hydronephrosis or the stone any further.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha