What do my lab test reports indicate?

Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Wed, 5 Apr 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi
I had having bowel problem for the last 4 months. Though I go bathroom in every morning..but I feel it is not clear..
I did colonoscopy and biopsy ..
The reports are attached, it says ' chronic
Non specific proctitis' .Doctor put me on Vegaz OD..But it can't clear my problem because
1) I feel constant urge to clear bowel
2) I am watching that even after taking two pegs of drink..next day morning I feel lower abdominal pain..nd have to clear bowel 3- 4 times

My question is that is it proctitis or something serious?? Did the colonoscopy procedure was wrong..?? I dont know..I get tired easily and become irritating ..lost 4- 5 kg weight also..
I dont have piles and homorroid but after a bowel movement I feel mild pain in anus.

Please advise
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hi looks not much to worry about

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HCM.
Thank you for your query.
I understand your concern.
Possibly you have a sensitive intestine.
Well trust your doctor unlikely it's a wrong colonoscopy.
No report is seen attached here.
Also it take some time for action of Vegas to start.
So you need to give it some time.
Also look for thyroid function test and stool routine on three occasions to look for any odd stool infection.
Also anxiety adds a lot to these symptoms. So Curtailing it is very important.
Good lifestyle regular walk exercises healthy food and eating sleeping time will help you in long run.
Also avoid straining for stools increasing fiber in diet and fiber supplements like isapgula husk two teaspoon at night in addition to the medication you are taking will help you in long run.
Hope this answers your questions.
Happy to help.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 15 hours later

Dear Sir

Thanks a lot for Reply.
I have uploaded my colonoscopy, sigmoidoscopy and Biopsy reports.
I have some erosions in rectum, which the reports suggest. Are they
something serious??
In biopsy reports it is written that " moderate lymphoplasmacytic infiltrate
of the lamia propia ". I searched it in google and in one page I found that
in future I may get cercinoid tumour types of things. Please brief me what
it is.
Lastly which I forgot you to tell, I get very depressed about disease for the
last three year and was on Nexito Plus from 2014 to 2015. I don't know it
is for depression or something serious. I have married on last year july.
I have read that, nexito plus cause sexual dysfunction, so I quit the medicine

Please suggest a medicine comparable to nexito plus which does not cause
sexual dysfunction and provide sound sleep and also suggest medicine for
proctitis and please check the reports and advise me if I have to continue
for other test or not, because I often feels for bowel movements.

Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 2 days later
Brief Answer:
Hi

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Do not worry
Rectal erosion s are not much to worry about.
Also biopsy is non specific unlikely to cause carcinoid in future.
Also can consult a psychiatrist and can take nexito after his advice also sexual dysfunction related to it is usually not an aggressive issue.
No specific medication required for your rectal problem.
Worthwhile getting stool examination done in addition on three occasions to look for any infection.
Hope this answers your questions
Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 2 hours later
Dear Sir

Thank you for sharing your advise.
I have last two question to you.

(1) I always feel something is stuck in my anus.
Is there any probability that colonocopy or sigmoidoscopy can miss any
anal issue??
Do I have to test Digital rectal exam??

(2) Vegaz OD is needed or not for my condition??

I will surely do stool exam as per your advice.

Thanks

Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hi

Detailed Answer:
Thank u
Yes some times digital examination can be of better help than colonoscopy.
Continuation of Vegaz od is of doubtful use however worth continuing to see if erosion heal. Reduce stress it's very important.
Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy