What do my lab test reports indicate?

Dr. Sameer Maheshwari

Cardiologist

Posted on Wed, 5 Apr 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I am 75 years old and just had a EKG 12 Lead.
Came back Left AXIS Anterior Fascicular block
Diffuse Non Specific-T Abnormality
When compared with ECG 8/13/12 Left Anterior Hemi Block
Are these aged related conditions?? That is what my doctor told me.. All my tests came back bad.
Answered by Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes it is age related change

Detailed Answer:
Welcome.
This is Dr Sameer, cardiologist.
The axis denotes normal angulation & thickness of heart. With age this can change & thus can be things like Left Anterior hemi block.
Still get a 2D Echo done to see all is normal.
Thanks & take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 9 hours later
Dear Dr. Sameer:

Thank you for the first good news I had all day, Had several tests done and they all were bad.. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Welcome

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
If the echo was bad, please get a stress test done to rule out any possible underlying coronary disease.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 1 hour later
Thank you, my doctor said it was age related confirming what you said
Answered by Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Welcome

Detailed Answer:
Welcome.
Its good & relaxing to know that everything is fine.
If you have any more question, I'll be happy to help.
If your current query is answered, you can choose to close the discussion.
Wishing you a healthy & happy life.
Thanks & take care