What do my lab reports indicate while having right-sided abdominal pain?

Dr. Suresh Heijebu

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: After my ultra sound of whole abdomen it is found that liver is Normal in size with bright parenchymal echotexture. Other organs are normal. Impression: Grade II fatty liver. And regarding blood test of LFT the results are: Total bilirubin: .34 mg/dl. Alkaline phosphatase: 56 U/L. SGPT:74U/L SGOT:101 U/L. GGT: 37 U/L TOTAL PROTEIN: 6.4 mg/dl. My total cholesterol :164 mg/dl. Triglycerides:291 mg/dl. HDL Cholesterol:41 mg/dl LDL Cholesterol:67 mg/dl VLDL Cholesterol: 59 mg/dl. I am facing abdomen pain in the right side and sometimes it is upper right side and sometimes it is lower right side and sometimes it is adjacent to right side of navel but pain continues and sometimes I feel vomiting. And if there is some pressure on belly I feel some pain. Last year I had also the same problem. Then Dr. Adviced me to take Udiliv 300, Librax and Vibact ds and my pain had gone. Actually my pain starts before one month ago when i took bread.whenever i take bread my pain starts it continues 3-4 mnths.Now I am taking these medicines along with Liv 52 DS. Should I continue with these medicines. A few months ago I did my endoscopy but everything was normal and I did contrast city scan also but except fatty liver everything was normal. For the last two days I have been facing a little bit itching in my hand, leg and some portion of body. I have allergy problem also. I am 38 years old. I never drink. One more thing sir is it true that triglyceride medicine creates LFT problem
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possible XXXXXXX

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Sir.

I can understand your concerns.

I have gone through your query in detail.

All your symptoms are directly related to deranged liver function, abnormal lipid profile and fatty liver.

The itching is due to elevated bilirubin.

The cause fatty liver has to be assessed.

The usual causes to be ruled out are alcohol intake and viral hepatitis.Since you do not take alcohol, the fatty liver could be due a condition XXXXXXX aka non-alcoholic steatohepatitis, which is due to abnormal lipid levels in the body

For this, I advise you to get Serum HbSag testing.Update me test results.

You need to continue all the prescribed medications for another 3-6 months for the fatty liver to resolve.

Regular physical exercises for 20 min a day, avoidance of fried and fatty food will help.

Consume oatmeal for breakfast and fruits like pomegranate for dinner.

This will help to offer early recovery.

Thank you,

Follow up: Dr. Suresh Heijebu 38 hours later
Hello Sir
As per your advice i have done my serum HbSag and result is negative. Sir one more thing. Should I take any gas tab, like Raltac-DSR. Sir I forgot to mention one thing and that is I take High BP medicine daily and the name of the medicine is OLKAM CT 40. MY BP is very normal. my BP is 120/80. and sometimes it goes 110/80. But Dr advice me to take BP medicine regularly. I am regular walker for 40-50 minutes. Should I start Yoga or aerobic exercise. I am waiting for your advice. Sir will my deranged liver function, abnormal lipid profile and fatty liver.
will be cured? Should I take any aloevera juice. At present I am taking curry leaf in the empty stomach. Can I take Lemon juice with lukewarm water in the morning?

Thanking You
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Deranged liver dysfunction and abnormal lipid profile are curable

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Sir.

I can understand your concerns.

Yes, you take Rantac DSR.

Maintain normal BP with OLKAM CT 40 regularly.

It is advisable to take up yoga or aerobic exercise.

Deranged liver function and abnormal lipid profile will be cured.

Yes, you can take both aloe vera and lemon juice in lukewarm water.

Both have excellent activity in normalizing the liver function.

Post your further queries if any,
Thank you.