What do my blood test results indicate?

Dr. Anil Parth Desai

Pathologist and Microbiologist

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Blood Disorders
Question: Hello, I recently had a complete CBC and the only abnormal value was with my monocyte count. The count was 165 and the percentage is 2,7%. I have not been sick and I am very worried.
Answered by Dr. Anil Parth Desai 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi your blood report is absolutely normal.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Mam,

I did review your blood report. Your blood work is completely normal with slight aberration in the value of monocyte count. Even that is not abnormal since such variations can be seen regularly and it does not indicate any sort of illness especially with a normal wbc count, hemoglobin, platelet count and a near normal wbc differential count.

Your laboratory report is essentially normal and you do not need to worry about it at all.

I hope this helps
Wish you all the best.
Let me know if you have any more questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Dr Parth Desai.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Anil Parth Desai 11 hours later
Hello Doctor Desai,

Thank You so much for your response. It gave me peace of mind.
Answered by Dr. Anil Parth Desai 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome.

Detailed Answer:
Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Sincerely
Dr.Parth Desai

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak