What do multiple red bumps on the skin indicate?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: our grandson has bumbs on the skin some are small and a few are a little larger with red tips. he was recently being treated for scabbies but it did dot respond to treatments and the bumps are all over his body rather uniformly.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Upload pictures

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
I would recommend you to upload the photographs of the affected areas so that I can have a clearer picture of the condition and can guide you accordingly.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 35 minutes later
Was I able to send pictures?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Either insect bite hypersensitivity reaction or eczematous rash

Detailed Answer:
I have reviewed the attached photographs though they are not very clear.
It seems to be either insect bite hypersensitivity reaction or eczematous rash.
If I was his treating doctor I would recommend you to apply cortisone cream on the affected areas twice daily and take antihistaminic like syrup Cetrizine 1 mg per kgbody weight per day for 10-14 days.
This should resolve it.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana