What Do Itchiness And Pain In The Anus Indicate After A Colonoscopy?
10 days ago I had a colonoscopy performed and for the last 4 days I have been having this itchy pain on the right side in my butt every time that I pass a stool which seems to fade after an hour or two. Is this something I should worry about or something that might go away with time? I haven't had any blood in my stools and everything seems normal but when the itch did start I noticed my stools weren't as ''wet'' when I wipe there doesn't seem to be anything that comes up on the toilet paper when I wipe. Could this maybe be that it is dry down there I haven't had this problem previous to the colonoscopy is it worth getting checked out or nothing really to worry about?
Seems in relation with change of stool consistency only .
Warm welcome to Healthcaremagic.com
I have evaluated your query thoroughly .
* This seems in relation with friction induced pain after passing stool ( due to
change in consistency of some what hard or semi hard than previous times ) .
* Do not panic at present , suggestions for the time
- Drink plenty of liquids .
- Prefer soft , light diet with more of green leafy veg , whole grains , pulses ,
- Avoid oily , spicy , non veg stuffs till possible .
- Analgesic tylenol ( 500 ) mg if more pain only .
- Sitz bath ( sitting in a tub filled with lukewarm water for 5 minutes after
passing stool ) will help a great .
- Avoid smoking or alcohol if consuming .
Hope this clears your query .
Welcome for any further assistance .
Regards dear take care .