Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

What could be the reason for missed period without sex?

Sep 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1416 Questions
my daughter is 24yrs and had her menses on the 29of december and ended in XXXXXXX 5th, she has not had it this february and she has no boyfriend she claims she never had sex to think of pregnancy. she wants her menses to come what do we do
Posted Sat, 9 Mar 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 36 minutes later

Thank you for posting a question.

Look, first of all, do a home pregnancy test. It will confirm the absence of pregnancy. It is necessary. Though she is telling that she does not have a boyfriend, still, it is a document.

If pregnancy test result becomes non contributory, an ultrasound scan of abdomen is necessary.

In case of negative pregnancy test, then also, she needs an ultrasound scan of whole abdomen. It will detect any abnormality in her overies or uterus. I am telling you this because, her symptom sounds like polycystic overian syndrome.

If polycystic overy is suspected, all the hormonal profile should be done .

After that a short course of progesterone is needed to induce period. Period will occur within 7 days of stopping the drug.

Lastly, consult with a gynecologist in person for detailed clinical examination and also further management accordingly.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor