What could be the cause for low blood pressure?

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in General Health
Question: I am taking midi drink for very loe blood pressure issues. I have been monitoring my pressure and don't take the drug if my pressure is at least 115/70. Today my pulse doesn't go above 46 when usually I'm at least 76. Have I caused this problem by not taking the drug as prescribed?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Need some more details Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. What drug has been advised to you? What is the blood pressure reading now (when the pulse is 46)? What other medications you are on? Meanwhile do maintain go0d hydration and consume juices with a pinch of salt in it. Waiting for your response,
Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later
I have been prescribed modidrine for vaso vascular problem. I wasn't taking it 3 x's a day as the doctor. Then today my pulse stayed 44-46 with a bp of 114/63. My question was have I messed up my heart rate by taking the drug sporadically? Since I emailed you I have taken modidrine 3 x's and now my pulse has come up to 72 with a bp of 120/63. So I will take the drug even when my bp is 127/68. It just scared me. I am drinking lots of water and licking salt like my heart doctor said to do
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes, you are right Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing back. Yes, you are right that any wrong dosage of the Proamatine (Modidrine) can lead to disturbance the hemodynamics. Though not XXXXXXX but it does affect the blood pressure and the pulse. Need not worry, this may not have long effect. You will be alright as you have resumed the right dosage. Wish you good health. Regards,