question-icon

What causes white rashes and cracks on the tip of the penis?

Posted on Tue, 10 May 2016
Question: Frequently my tip if penis having cracks and white rashes. It became more worse if it enlarge. What to do now?
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka (41 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Rule out diabetes

Detailed Answer:
We term this balanoposthitis. It is commonly due to my infection, and might respond to Candid cream local application for a week. However, it also could be an indicator if underlying problem such as diabetes mellitus. I suggest you get a fasting and post meal sample of blood sugars checked
HbA1C is another useful blood test to find out if your sugar levels have been high over the past three months.
If you are not a diabetic, and Candid cream has not given any benefit, you might need a simple surgery called circumcision. If you are indeed a diabetic, control of sugar levels will heal these cracks in tip of foreskin.
Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. V. Sasanka

Urologist