• question-icon

What causes weakness in the limbs?

Posted on Sat, 29 Jul 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: My legs and arms feel weak I am also feeling weak like I want to faint. My blood pressure is 127 91 with my pulse at 68. This has been going on for the last hour. I had a kidney transplant 22 years ago. I don't have a temperature and I feel good besides this. i have been drinking plenty of fluids and been eating. I am wondering what this could be.
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir

After going through the medical details provided by you i would like to tell you that your blood pressure and your pulse rate are well within the normal range.

As you have a history of kidney transplant so i would like to suggest you to get a Renal ultrasound done and also a blood test for Kidney function and Serum electrolyte levels evaluation to make sure things are going fine with the transplanted kidney.

Also its advisable to take the opinion of your nephrologist regarding this as these symptoms could be due to kidney dysfunction.

I hope this information will be helpful. Feel free to ask if you have any other queries.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist