What causes vomiting and diarrhoea?
Question: I have a 1 and half year daughter and stay in Hyderabad, India. I have come to US on a short assignment with my family. Since yesterday she has been vomitting after having food and also has watery stool. I have been giving her Enterogermia oral suspension liquid , but haven't seen any recovery. Can you help ?
Brief Answer: Takes time Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for healthcare magic. Vomiting and diarrhoea usually is viral in nature. It may take Upto 4 to 5 days to see improvement. Continue enterogermina which is a probiotoc and ondem which helps to control vomiting.. Ofloxacin is unnecessary because it is an antibiotic which has no use in diarrhoea unless there is blood in stools. Ensure you give your child plenty of oral electrolyte solutions like pedialyte or electral, to keep your child well hydrated. If she passes urine atleast 6 times a day, then it is fine. Wishing your kid speedy recovery. Regards Dr Arun
I have got limited enterogermia oral suspension and would like to know any substitute that would be available in US over the counter.
Brief Answer: see below Detailed Answer: Try florastar or lactinex or culturelle or align
Thank you very much and one more substitute for ondem syrup
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
People also viewed
- Baby having vomitting diarrhoea nappy rash due to teething
- On atkins diet having bloody diarrhoea what is causing this
- Vomiting diarrhoea pricking sensation in fingers abdominal pain treatment options
- What is the cause of abdominal pain vomiting and diarrhoea
- Diarrhoea causes
- What is the cause of abdominal painbloating and diarrhoea
- Does promethazine 25mg help in vomiting diarrhoea
- Fever vomiting diarrhoea tylenol stomach virus diet and treatment
- Child having vomitting diarrhoea lost apetite prescribed medicines suggestions
- Vomiting diarrhoea severe leg pain what it could be
Questions Answered By Dr. Arun