Suggest treatment for diarrhea and flatulence in a child

Pediatrician, Cardiology
Question
Hi...my 2 years old daughter has loose motion ...since this morning ...she feels the pain when the flatulence is released and along with that loose motion happens. We feed her practice stage 4. Please advise us
Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Give zinc/probiotic, observe the baby

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for asking on this platform

I have gone through the query, seen the image and do understand your concern.
I won't get worried if baby is active, playful, accepting feeds well, passing urine, there is no blood in stool or vomiting.
I suggest you to give zinc 20 mg per day for 14 days with probiotic like Bifilac, Enterogermina or Econorm once a day for 3-5 days.
Give plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration. Avoid giving milk, juices, junk food as this may precipitate the loose stool.
In most of the cases loose stool improves within 3-4 days by routine care.
If you notice any significant abnormality please consult your pediatrician immediately.

I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more questions.