Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for diarrhea and flatulence in a child

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pediatrician, Cardiology
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 1813 Questions
Question 2 years old daughter has loose motion ...since this morning ...she feels the pain when the flatulence is released and along with that loose motion happens. We feed her practice stage 4. Please advise us
Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Give zinc/probiotic, observe the baby

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for asking on this platform

I have gone through the query, seen the image and do understand your concern.
I won't get worried if baby is active, playful, accepting feeds well, passing urine, there is no blood in stool or vomiting.
I suggest you to give zinc 20 mg per day for 14 days with probiotic like Bifilac, Enterogermina or Econorm once a day for 3-5 days.
Give plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration. Avoid giving milk, juices, junk food as this may precipitate the loose stool.
In most of the cases loose stool improves within 3-4 days by routine care.
If you notice any significant abnormality please consult your pediatrician immediately.

I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor