What causes vibrating sensations in lower left abdomen?

Dr. Ashwini Kolur

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hi,

I am a 60 year old man. For the last week, I've been experiencing a vibration feeling ( like a shudder or twitch), in my lower left abdomen. There is no pain, I'm healthy and do brisk walking regularly... First I thought it was gas, but it continues. I can't feel it when I place my hand on it. It happens two three times a day but never in my sleep. It comes for a fraction of a second and goes like a shudder. No pain at all and no uneasiness. I wonder what the reason could be.
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
nerve twitch, should resolve on its own

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for writing here
I have gone through your query
Provide some information like, hour long you have been facing this problem, is vibration related to food intake, if there any particular position it occurs.

Based on the information provided by you, it looks like nerve twitch to me and should go away by itself.
In case it is bothering you, you can take tablet of vitamin B complex once daily for 15 days.
Hope this helps, I'll be here to address your follow up query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Ashwini Kolur 31 minutes later
I am having this problem for about a week. Previously it used to occur once only in the evening at about 7 to 9 pm. But for the past 2 - 3 days its happening four or times at any time of the day. But its for a second only. Comes and goes in a flash after startling me. There is no connection of any particular food in my knowledge. Though I have normal bowel movement but I pass gas a lot especially in the night. I usually don't have acidity but when I have some heavy dinner, the acid comes to my mouth while in sleep. Therefore I usually take a tablet of Zintec whenever I have quite a heavy meal particularly dinner to avoid acidity and it works fine for me.
Thanks and regards
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
tablet of B complex for 15 days

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for providing the information.
As suggested earlier i would suggest you take tablet of B complex for. 15 days. It will subside. Presently I don't think it is anything serious.
Hope this helps.