What causes vaginal bleeding post menopause?
post menopausal bleeding.
Thanks for the query to HCM,
Any bleeding from vagina in the post menopausal age group should be investigated basically to rule out any cancers be it vaginal, cervical or endometrial cancer. You shall need a per speculum examination and a pap smear or a biopsy if there is a growth noticed in the reproductive canal and shall be advised accordingly.
Other benign reason could be atrophic vaginitis where vagial dryness per se can cause mild bleeding in form of spotting from the vaginal tract.
In any case please get yourself examined.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is post menopausal atrophic vaginitis
- Vaginal bleeding post menopause
- Post menopause started vaginal bleeding after intercourse any suggestion
- Post menopause spotting causes
- What causes vaginal bleeding post menopause
- What is post menopausal disorder
- What are the complications post menopause
- What is post menopause symptoms
- What causes higher hcg levels post menopause
- Lisinopril causes post menopausal bleeding
- Is pregnancy possible without ovulation?
- Is pregnancy possible due to sex on 8th day from menstruation?
- At what age does a girl start to ovulate ?
- Is chemical hair straightening safe for a breast feeding woman?
- Can i have abdominal hysterectomy despite having IBS?
- What causes discomfort and pain in pelvic region?
- How to determine the expected date of delivery using last menstrual period?
- What does my ultrasound report suggest?
- Suggest treatment of pelvic inflammatory disease
- Suggest treatment for Rubella infection