What causes urge to urinate and blood in urine?
Get an appointment with your doctor!
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about this urination difficulties and the blood you observed in your urine. This is certainly concerning and I know you are very much worried. I will like to reassure you that this is no way represents an immediate threat to life. There is also no evidence to suggest that the cause would be something very worrisome as many cases of blood in urine end up being caused by easily treatable conditions, others are incidental and never happens again and a few may be from more concerning conditions involving the urinary tract and the prostate gland.
For now, there is no need to panic as long as you can urinate. Get a regular appointment with your doctor(not a urologist) to investigate what the cause of this blood in urine is. You would get a full clinical examination and maybe a urine a blood test to address this. If the findings require a specialist's input, you shall then be referred to see a urologist. Drink much water to increase urine output and in a way ensure washing of the urinary tract.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications is need be.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could be the cause for blood in urine
- Noticed blood in urine what is causing this
- What is the cause of frequent urge to urinate
- What are the possible causes of blood in urine
- What causes urge to urinate
- What is the cause of traces of blood in urine
- What causes blood in urine and trouble during urination
- Blood in urine no pain what is causing this
- What causes blood in urine
- What causes blood in urine and difficulty in urination