What causes upper abdominal pain on right side below the ribs?
You could be having Gall bladder issues or a Hiatus hernia.
Thank you for the detailed description of your problem. It is quite a pleasure to receive such information.
It seems like there could be an element of Gall bladder problems or Gastric issues. I suggest you get an Ultrasound of the abdomen done to know whether the gallbladder, liver and kidneys are fine. If that is normal then an Upper GI Endoscopy would be required to see the insides of your stomach and duodenum and to rule out a Hiatus hernia. We can then begin treatment depending on the test reports.
Meanwhile I suggest you start Tab Pantoprazole 40mg or Cap Omeprazole 20mg in morning half an hour before breakfast. This might give you some relief.
Take care and do let me know the reports or if there are other queries.
Dr Rishi, New XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of upper abdominal pain
- Snus causing upper abdominal pain
- What causes upper abdominal pain and back pain during night
- What caused upper abdominal pain with occasional nausea and vomiting
- What causes upper abdominal pain and fever
- What are the causes for chronic upper abdominal pain
- Right rib cage and upper abdominal pain also migraine above eyes
- What is the reason for upper abdominal pain
- What causes right sided upper abdominal pain
- What causes upper abdominal pain and rectal bleeding