What causes upper abdominal pain and blood in urine with history of appendix?
Investigations needed. Please go to ER.
Thanks for your query.
To recapitulate: Female/52 - history of multiple surgeries in past 3 years as mentioned - now pain in the up[per abdomen - had black stool earlier - blood in urine today - considering to go to ER ...
The black stool and pain in upper abdomen is most probably suggestive of gastric ulcer or erosion. Needs upper GI endoscopy and tests of blood, stool, urine- routine, microscopy, culture and sensitivity and ultrasonography of the whole abdomen.
These tests will provide sufficient information and give a proper guideline for proper treatment.
once done with investigations and proper treatment started, take plenty of oral fluids.
Soft bland diet.
Regular review with your Doctor and proper review investigations.
I hope this answer helps you, please feel free to give feedback and ask for relevant further queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of upper abdominal pain
- Upper abdominal pain with blood in toilet
- Snus causing upper abdominal pain
- What causes upper abdominal pain and fever
- Upper abdominal pain and yellow urine
- What are the causes for chronic upper abdominal pain
- What is the reason for upper abdominal pain
- Upper abdominal pain and frequent urination
- What causes right sided upper abdominal pain
- What causes upper abdominal pain and rectal bleeding