What causes tunnel vision during pregnancy?
Hello, and thanks for your question.
If your blood pressure is normal, it is not possible that blood pressure is the cause of your symptoms. Given your pregnancy and its cardiovascular effects, including potentially on the eyes, I would get an opthalmologic exam to make sure your eyes are healthy. However, given your history of dissociation, I find it much more likely your tunnel vision is a somatic symptom of anxiety. This can be safely and effectively treated during pregnancy either with an SSRI antidepressant (escitalopram) or cognitive behavioral therapy. If you do not have a CBT therapist in your area, I do offer online text-based therapy via asking a question at my private link below.
Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.
In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private link below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private link: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Tunnel vision during pregnancy
- Nose bleed dizziness tunnel vision what is wrong
- What does smokey tunnel vision mean
- Quitting smoking and tunnel vision
- I have been getting tunnel vision everytime i stand up and almost faint what does this mean
- Temporary tunnel vision in pregnancy
- Symptoms of Tunnel vision
- Tunnel vision while driving
- Blind spot cloudy floaters tunnel vision any idea what happened
- Tunnel vision causes